I think I just died and went to heaven. I just popped my first Jello Cream Cheese Ball and it was divine.
I was browsing some of the low carb forums looking for high fat food ideas (still sounds wrong when I say it out loud!)
There was someone who talked about rolling cream cheese into jello powder and eating it and well, I just
happened to have some cream cheese in the fridge and sugar free jello in the cupboard. Strawberry as a matter of fact.
But I do have to say, that after all the flavors that I have experimented with, I still like the tart flavor explosion of using the Jello Strawberry, Raspberry or Cherry. These cream cheese fat bombs are definitely The Bomb!
Low Carb Jello Cream Cheese Balls
- 1 8oz package of Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese or any brand as long as it’s the solid brick type.
- 1 package of sugar free jello or pudding mix
Note: If you want to do a smaller amount, 1 tbsp of mix does about 4 cream cheese balls.
- Take the package of Cream cheese and cut into 16 squares.
- Put the jello or pudding mix in a sandwich baggie.
- Take each square and shake until covered with jello or pudding mix on all sides.
- Then roll into a ball in your hands.
- Keep covered with plastic wrap in the fridge.
Serving size is 2 balls.
Each serving of 2 cream cheese balls is 105 calories, 1 carb, 9 g fat and 3 g protein.